Friday, November 6, 2009

Cattitude


Nobody gives attitude like a cat, cattitude, if you will. I didn't grow up with cats, everyone in my family, except me, is deathly allergic to them. I grew up with dogs, dogs with all different personalities, and I thought a cat was a cat, aloof with no personalities . . .

I was wrong. Granted I do still believe the saying that dogs have masters and cats have servants, but no personalities? How wrong I was! I've had cuddle cats, clown cats, butt head cats and even an insecure cat. If it weren't for my husband, who only tolerates cats, I'm pretty sure I'd be a crazy cat lady. And one thing I made him agree to before we got married was that I ALWAYS get to have at least one persian. Media has portrayed them as glamorous (think the Fancy Feast cat), or evil (think James Bond or Cats and Dogs), but to me they will always stand for the ultimate in lapcats, and they also put up with toddlers pretty darn well! But even I will admit that no matter how hard I try, even though I know that Wiggle here is sweet and just wanting to play with the strap on my camera . . .she always comes off in pictures as looking just a little (or a lot) perturbed. I actually wish I could do a "don't mess with me" look half as good as this one!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Made By Tammy said...

Your Persian is Gorgeous! And she sports the cattitude quite well...

Michele said...

Haha I wouldn't want to mess with her, she's a diva!!!

Erika Price said...

Reminds me of my Mom's persian - he ruled the roost too!

Unknown said...

She does have that look perfected!

Designs by Victoria said...

Cats Rule, Dogs Drool!

But seriously, I've been a cat person my entire life, and when I started dating the man who became my husband, it was very much a "love me love my cats" relationship as he was a dog man. But I've converted him! Hah!